slider

5/6/15

Escape to the Ocean


The beach is one of our favorite places.  I love that we live close enough to run away for just a weekend, or even a day-cation.  And beach photos are my favorite!  When Kerri Bradford asked me to play along with her National Scrapbook Day blog fun, I jumped right on the "escape to the ocean" cut file. I love Kerri's bubbly and fun handwriting!  It adds such a playful element to a page.  (And side note: I do not use my silhouette nearly enough!!  Am I the only one??)


I wanted to group my title around my beach photos, so I started by layering the photos onto my background and then added in a few papers layers beneath them.  I cut my title on an aqua blue card stock, but it was a little too bold for what I was hoping for.  To soften the color a little, I cut the same title again, but on vellum this time.  I layered the vellum on top of the blue card stock and then sewed each word together.  


Since the vellum and card stock were stitched together, I decided to just hot glue them to my page.  I like that hot glue adds a little bit of height and depth!


I finished my page with some handwritten journaling, which I tucked into a sewn pocket behind my photos, and the stamped place/date using Kerri's new awesome alpha stamps!!  I've never met an alpha stamp I didn't like!  

Thanks so much for having me over, Kerri!  It is always an honor to be a part of your blog!!  xo


5 comments:

  1. This is just ever-so beautiful, my friend! Thanks for playing! mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Es muy bonito Stephanie, los colores huelen azul cielo ya hacen pensar en el verano.
    Un abrazo desde Barcelona.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An amazing layout !! Love love love !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your title, and it looks so neat with the vellum on the letters!

    ReplyDelete